- Gepps X Market
- Gift Store
At Wallis Refrigeration & Service Administration Pty Ltd (ACN 116 892 356) trading as Wallis Cinemas ("Wallis") we are committed to protecting your privacy. We recognize the importance of your right to know how your personal information is collected, used and disclosed and we take this seriously.
Wallis is committed to safeguarding your privacy by ensuring that your personal information is protected in a way that observes our own values, and complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles ("APPs") prescribed by it.
1. What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The kinds of personal information that we may collect and hold from time to time about you depends on the services you use, and the products you acquire from us, but may include:
- your name;
- your contact information, including postal and residential addresses, telephone and facsimile numbers, and email addresses;
- credit card details;
- payment and transaction details and history;
- data relating to your activity on our websites via tracking technologies such as cookies; and
for job applicants or staff, employment history, educational qualifications, reference checks, payroll information and medical information (where relevant).
Though there is no requirement for you to provide us with your personal information, without some or all of your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of the products or services that you request.
2. Collecting personal information about you
We will only collect personal information where it is reasonably necessary to do so for the conduct of our business. Any collection of personal information by us will be fair and lawful and will not be intrusive.
We will collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- if you provide your information by telephone, post, email or facsimile, or in person;
- if you contact us via email or submit your information through our website;
- if you purchase products from us, or require us to provide services to you;
- if you subscribe to our mailing lists or connect with us via social media; and/or
- if you enter a competition that we run.
If it is reasonable and practical do so, we will collect personal information about you only from you. In the course of operating our business, however, we may collect personal information from third parties such as suppliers, advertisers, mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors, clients and business partners.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
If you provide personal information to us about a third party we will, where appropriate, request that you inform the third party that we are holding such information, details of how we will use and disclose it, and of the right of the relevant third parties right to contact us to gain access to, correct and update that information.
When we collect personal information from you, we will take reasonable steps to notify you or ensure you are aware of:
- our identity and contact details;
- that we have collected your personal information, and whether that collect is required or authorised by law;
- the purposes of collection;
- the consequences if personal information is not collected (such as if this will affect our ability to provide products or services to you);
- our usual disclosures of personal information of the kind collected;
- whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients, and if practicable, the relevant countries in which they are located.
The information we collect from you is strictly confidential. We do not sell, trade, loan or lease personal information that we hold to any third parties – we are committed to safeguarding your privacy.
3. How do we hold personal information?
Wallis takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Wallis may maintain your personal information in both electronic and paper form. Specifically, we will hold personal information as either physical records, records on our servers, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located overseas.
We take active steps to hold all hard copy and electronic records of personal information in a secure manner to ensure that they are protected from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. In particular, any personal information that we hold about you, including e-mail addresses, is kept in a database that is accessible to authorized employees only in the course of performing their daily employment tasks.
Whilst Wallis endeavours to protect the security of your personal information and continually strives to improve its security measures, we cannot absolutely guarantee that your personal information will always be completely secure. Electronic transmissions over the internet cannot always be absolutely secure. Wallis will not be held liable for events arising from unauthorized access to your personal information.
We have procedures in place to securely destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
4. Using and disclosing your personal information
In general, Wallis will collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes of providing or offering goods and services to you.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing you with news and information about our products and services;
- sending you marketing and promotional material that we believe you may be interested in, either from us, any of our related entities or a third party business which we consider may be of interest to you, including but not limited to where you expressly indicate your interest in receiving such materials;
- notifying you, if you have entered a competition or promotion may run from time to time, and are a winner;
- personalising your experience with our products and services, for example, via connectivity with social media services; and
- for job applicants or tendering parties, assessing your eligibility for employment by Wallis, or engagement by Wallis as a contractor.
You may opt out of receiving marketing and promotional material from Wallis at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer, using the contact details set out below. We will process your request within a reasonable time - generally, within 14 days.
There may be circumstances in which we are authorised or required by law to use or disclose your personal information. For instance:
- A number of laws require the provision of personal information to third parties, including the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). The precise information required to be provided will vary depending on the circumstances requiring disclosure of that information.
- We may also use or disclose personal information about you to avoid, lessen or prevent a serious emergency or crime. If we use or disclose personal information about you in those circumstances we will make a written record of such use or disclosure.
We may disclose personal information between our related bodies corporate or to third parties such as our suppliers or our professional advisors, where permitted by the Privacy Act.
Any disclosure that is required to be made to any third party will be made primarily for the purpose of providing or offering goods and services to you. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
5. Data quality and your rights to access your personal information
At Wallis, we take all reasonable steps to keep information that we collect, use and hold about you accurate, complete and up to date.
You have a right to request access to your personal information and to request its correction if it is out of date or incorrect.
You may request access or correction at any time by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer via the contact details set out below.
You do not need to provide a reason for your request for access to your personal information. We may charge a small fee for providing access to your personal information, including if it requires a significant amount of time to locate or collect your information, or to present it in an appropriate form. We will not charge you to correct your personal information that we hold in our records.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable time (generally within 14 days of receiving your request). Wallis will provide reasons for any refusal to correct your personal information we hold, and if you ask us to, we will take reasonable steps to attach a statement to your personal information setting out your claim that the personal information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Please note there may be circumstances in which we are not able to provide you with access to your information, such as where the requested access will have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of others or where we are required by law to withhold the information. If we are unable to provide you with access to your information, or make the amendments which you have requested, we will provide you with reasons for this decision.
6. Complaint procedures
If you believe that we may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles, or failed to comply with this Policy, you may direct your complaint to our Privacy Officer, using the contact details set out below.
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as follows:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
7. Transfer of your personal information overseas
From time to time we may engage overseas entities to provide services to us, such as cloud-based storage solutions. Please note that the use of overseas service providers to store personal information will not always involve a disclosure of personal information to that overseas provider.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to any such overseas recipients for purposes necessary or useful in the course of operating our business, and agree that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the Australian Privacy Principles, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Act.
If you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let us know.
Where practicable, we are required to provide the option for you to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym. This option will not be available where we are required or authorised by law to deal with individuals who have identified themselves, or if we need to verify your identity in order to provide products or services to you.
10. Contacting our Privacy Officer
Our Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
139 Richmond Road
Richmond SA 5033
Phone: (08) 8352 1377
Fax: (08) 8352 1865